Viavi’s MicroNIR 1700ES is a lightweight and cost-effective near infrared (NIR) spectrometer that includes Viavi’s high-precision optical coating technology with innovation in optical1700ES system design and miniaturization.
By combining Viavi linear variable filter (LVF) technology as the dispersing element, the spectrometer has a light source, collection optics, electronics, and LVF in a housing that measures <50 mm in diameter, <45 mm in height and weighs only 64 g. The spectrometer is USB powered and can be used in diffuse reflection, transmission, or transflection modes. A MicroNIR Pro package includes a number of accessories that either enhance ease-of-use or enable measuring with varied configurations that perfectly suit specific applications.
- Standard collar for normal operation
- Vial holder with 100 5 ml glass vials
- Windowed collar for powder and soft material measurement and easy cleaning
- 99% spectralon references for vial measurement and point-and-shoot operation
- Softshell case for transportation and shipping
- Bracket with ¼-20 thread for ease of mounting on regular optical post or mount
- Transmission fixture for liquid sample measurement
- Covers the first and second overtone spectral region: 950 – 1650 nm
- Powerful calibration model development tool
- Enhanced electronic and mechanical design for better system stability and thermal control
- Real-time predictions and method management
- Food, feed and agriculture
- Industrial processing
The MicroNIR 1700 ES includes the VIAVI MicroNIR Pro software suite with features for data acquisition, calibration and method development, user management, and real-time prediction. Using MicroNIR Pro software, a developer can process data and build complete chemometric models using regression and classification algorithms including PCA, PLS, Spectral Match Value and Moving Block analyses. Batch mode predictions on stored data are also supported.